Sunday, June 8, 2008

Why Do What I Do?

I started this blog to give myself a space to discuss things that I am doing in my life, outside of my academic work. I am a busy graduate student, and my research and teaching takes up a lot of my time. But I am also becoming more and more green, leading a healthier lifestyle, training (sort of) for a triathalon, starting to do more yoga, and developing my spirituality. Here I will blog about my experiences in each of these areas. Doing it here will allow me to collect my thoughts and things in a central location, instead of writing things on jibbity pieces of paper that I lose throughout my house. I know a lot of the things I am doing are very trendy right now, but I don't care. I have been playing around in each of these areas for over a decade, and I just want to focus now. I don't really plan on sharing this with folk, but if someone happens to come across it, great. I will be out of the country for a number of weeks this summer, and probably will not be incorporating many of these things into my day to day until August. But I will start, and I may share my overseas experiences here in the interim...we will see.

No comments: