Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Year's Eve

I spent NYE 2009 in the Barra neighborhood (my hood) with a cool group of Americans, Brits and hmm...only 1 Brazilian! We started the evening at my friend's restaurant (she is African American and relocated to Brazil with her husband and two small children a couple of years ago).



After food, drinks, conversation, and photos, we headed out onto Avenida Oceania for fireworks, drinks, and partying.
We watched some Capoeria in the streets too. Some guys hustled me and my friend for donations after we took pictures. That is jeito, or commonplace, in Pelourhino (the old town), but here in Barra? They pissed me off, but I gave some just to keep the peace.All in all, I had a wonderful time. I was so tired that I slept most of the next 2 days....I am getting old, can't hang like I used too!

No comments: